In 8-10 pages
Common Assignment: Written assignment analyzing the impact of the US Supreme Court decisions on the management of prisons
Prepare a written analysis on the impact of the US Supreme Court decisions on the management of prisons (8-10 pages). You are asked to explain the prison management structure and disciplinary process as applied in most prison cases and as directed by the US Supreme Court decision in Sandin v. Conner (1995) and other US Supreme Court cases. Consider such sanctions as loss of job, segregation for a specific amount of time, and loss of commissary privileges.
- Read through Wolff v. McDonnell (1976) and Sandin v. Conner (1995).
- Apply the decisions of these Supreme Court cases to the following punishments:
- Job loss
- Scheduled segregation
- Loss of commissary privileges
- For each of these punishments, provide the following based on the decisions of the above to 2 cases:
- When is this an appropriate sentence?
- When is this protected by the U.S. Constitution?
- What are 2 examples that you can take from the Supreme Court decisions that support your arguments?
In 3-5 pages
The plaintiff alleges that his incoming and outgoing legal mail have been withheld or returned to the sender. He has not been permitted to witness the opening of his legal mail, and he has had to use other parties to send and receive legal mail.
You decide to review the law on legal mail. Under what circumstances can mail be considered legal mail? Is opening of a prisoner’s legal mail a violation of the prisoner’s due process rights?
- In 3–5 paragraphs, address the following:
- In your own opinion, should the opening of a prisoner’s legal mail be considered a violation of the prisoner’s due process rights? Explain.
- Under what circumstances can mail be considered legal mail?
- What do you think constitutes accidental opening of legal mail?
In case you have a similar question and need it answered for you just say write my essay. At Academized we have all the most qualified academic writers and tutors, for all your assignments, essays, cases studies, discussion posts, project proposals, research papers, discussion posts, nursing assignments, admission essays, blog articles, and other forms of academic work.
If you don’t want a custom paper, just buy a pre-written essay from Buy College Essay.