Review the Strategic Management Project Background document (Below)
Review the following terms and concepts discussed this week to prepare for this assignment:
- organizational structure
- organizational culture
- PESTEL model
Create a Word doc and title it Strategic Management Research Journal Part 3.
Write a 525- to 700-word response to the following prompts in your journal entry:
- Assess whether Caterpillar Inc. is using the appropriate measures to verify its strategic effectiveness.
- Summarize Caterpillar Inc.’s organizational structure.
- Determine whether Caterpillar Inc.’s organizational structure is considered a traditional organizational structure or a Holacracy.
- Justify why it’s important for Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team to study and understand the company’s internal and external environments.
- Evaluate Caterpillar Inc.’s competitive position and how they have responded to shifts in the external and internal environments.
- Recommend strategies in operational changes to support Caterpillar’s strategic plan, future business decisions, and improvement in business performance.
Note: You will use information from this entry in your presentation due in Week 5.
Strategic Management Project Background
The intention of the Strategic Management Project is to provide you practical experience with the elements of strategic management. The project is spread across the 5-week period of the course. Weeks 1‑4 provide an opportunity to put key terms into practice by appraising the strategic planning elements of Caterpillar Inc. through documentation in the Strategic Management Research Journal. The Week 5 concluding assignment showcases your understanding of strategic management and improvement in the formulation of a presentation to Caterpillar Inc.’s leadership team.
For purposes of the Strategic Management Project, you will operate as if you are a new hire at the Caterpillar Inc. headquarters in the role of Assistant Strategic Development Analyst.
Assistant Strategic Development Analyst Job Description
· Maintain a Strategic Management Research Journal in which you:
o Appraise Caterpillar Inc.’s corporate data, competitors, and associated business information.