The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with the opportunity to select a topic in the particular area in which you have an occupational or research interest, and to complete a literature review of the topic, using a minimum of ten scholarly references. This will allow you to demonstrate mastery of the program outcomes for the criminal justice program at Argosy University.
You may want to review the following documents:
- A sample literature review
- A document illustrating how to set up your word processor for APA style
- A “Guide for Writing a Literature Review”
- A PowerPoint tips document
For additional resources, conduct an Internet search using these keywords: writing a literature review.
The topic must address one of the core areas students have studied in the Criminal Justice Program. Below is a list of core areas and important topics related each area. Students must select a topic related to the following general areas:
- Introduction to American Criminal Justice
- Theories of Crime, Fourth Amendment Search and Seizure, The Evolution of the Prison System, Inmate Rights
- The Purpose of Punishment, Punishment Approaches, Sentencing Guidelines, Parole Administration and Services, Prison Privatization
- Criminal Law
- Fifth and Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel, Rights of the Accused, Public Decency and Morals, Victims’ Rights
- Criminal Courts
- Changing Laws and Their Impact on Society, Technology in the Courtroom, Issues Related to the Death Penalty, Incarceration and Juvenile Justice
- Police Organizational Structure and Operations
- Border Patrol and Illegal Immigration, Technology and Policing (“the CSI Effect”), Recruitment: Federal, State, and Local, Police Professionalism, Rights of Citizens During an Investigation, Law Enforcement and Combating Terrorism
- Introduction to Security Management
- Potential Threats and Vulnerabilities, Identifying Critical Assets and Reducing Risks, Technological Advances in Security, Private Sector Security, USA PATRIOT Act
Write one to two paragraphs (a) selecting the general area of focus (see above list), (b) summarizing the problem area (be specific in defining the problem), (c) describing what you already know about the topic, and (d) why you have chosen this topic for a literature review. The topic should apply criminal justice research to an individual, organizational, or social problem. Include a working title and the objective of the paper.
Search for literature on your selected topic and create a Reference Page containing at least 10 scholarly references. A good way to begin searching for relevant literature is to search for key words related to your topic in the Argosy Library research database. Narrow your search to articles in peer-reviewed journals. Another good idea is to check the list of References at the end of an article to find other relevant work. If you have any questions about this part, please feel free to set up an appointment with your instructor or ask the librarian. You will create a reference page for your literature review paper in an appropriate APA style. Your resources must come from scholarly, peer-reviewed journals or books. Use both the textbook and reputable outside resources from the Internet and Argosy University online library resources to locate the laws, statutes, and cases.
Click here to see this sample paper on how to format a reference page in APA format.
Submit your topic proposal and reference page by Monday, February 23, 2015.
|Assignment 4 Grading Criteria||
|Submitted a topic proposal of two paragraphs. Selected the general area of focus (see above list). Defined the problem clearly and in specific terms appropriate to the topic.||
|Applied criminal justice research to an individual, organizational, or societal problem.||
|Discussed your current knowledge/understanding of the topic.||
Submitted at least 10 scholarly references pertaining to topic area.No Internet resources may be used.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
In case you have a similar question and need it answered for you just say write my essay. At Academized we have all the most qualified academic writers and tutors, for all your assignments, essays, cases studies, discussion posts, project proposals, research papers, discussion posts, nursing assignments, admission essays, blog articles, and other forms of academic work.
If you don’t want a custom paper, just buy a pre-written essay from Buy College Essay.