College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Project Management (MGT323)
Deadline:21/10/2021 @ 23:59
Course Name: Project Management Student’s Name:
Course Code:MGT323 Student’s ID Number:
Semester: I CRN:
Academic Year:2021-22, I Term
For Instructor’s Use only
Marks Obtained/Out of 5 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
• This Assignment comprise of a Case Study.
• Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-1 students will able to understand the
- Defining the concepts, theories and approaches of project management. (L.O-1.1)
- Recognize the steps of planning process in the project management. (L.O-1.2)
- Estimate the project budget and cost control. (L.O-2.2)
- Analyze to work effectively and efficiently as a team member for project related cases. (L.O-3.1)
Assignment Question: (Marks 5)
Please read the Case-4.2 “The Home Improvement Project.” from Chapter 4 “Defining the Project” given in your textbook – Project Management: The Managerial Process 8th edition by Larson and Gray page no: 132 also refer to specific concepts you have learned from the chapter to support your answers. Answer the following questions with 500 Words limit.
- What factors and forces contributed to scope creep in this case? (1.5 Marks)
- Is this an example of good or bad scope creep? Explain. (1.5 Marks)
- How could scope creep have been better managed by the Nelsons? (2 Marks)