Go to Capella university web site.
ASK SUPPORT FOR LOGIN DETAILS
Capitalize the first letter
Then go to my bookshelf
Use your Research in Psychology text to read Chapter 10, “Non-Experimental Design II: Observational and Archival Methods,” pages 291–311.
Use your Applied Statistics text to review concepts from prerequisite work:
- Chapter 17, “Analysis of Covariance,” pages 688–725.
- Chapter 19, “Multivariate Analysis of Variance,” pages 778–828.
Continue to develop your quantitative study proposal. Revise your draft according to peer and instructor feedback when received.
Click Quantitative Research: Methods in the Social Sciences to watch the video.
Optional – Readings
You may choose to complete the following:
- Use your Applied Statistics text to read Chapter 21,”Reliability, Validity, and Multiple-Item Scales,” pages 901–952.
- Review HyperStat Online Statistics Textbook.
- Review the student study site, Applied Statistics: From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques.
Designing a Survey
Design a survey to gather data about your topic of interest. The survey should contain at least 10 items.
- Explain the construct you are attempting to measure for each question. Be sure it is clear to your reader what type of response is required (multiple choice, drop-down, rating scale, et cetera), and that the design of the questions is appropriate for quantitative research.
- Describe the purpose of the survey, then describe a study appropriate for survey design, with research questions that can be answered by the survey you created. Discuss the appropriate analysis for this study.