Marketing Management (MGT 201)
- Recognize an understanding of the overall marketing concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organizations goals and strategies. (Lo 1)
- Develop critical and analytical thinking necessary to overcome challenges and issues of marketing in the changing global environment. (Lo 4)
- Assume you have been hired into the marketing department of a major consumer products manufacturer such as Nike. You are having lunch with some new colleagues in other departments—finance, manufacturing, and logistics. They are arguing that the company could save millions of dollars if it just got rid of the marketing department. Justify yourself after making an argument that would persuade them otherwise. (2.5 Marks)
- There are four macro strategies to create and deliver value to customers and that can help a firm to develop a sustainable competitive advantage. Think of a company from the local market who you are very loyal to in many categories like (food, electronics, personal care etc.). Is it the product, location, operation, or customer excellence that you are loyal to that firm? Critically examine. (2.5 Marks)
- Answer your questions based on the concept discussed in the Chapters.
- Your answers MUST include at least 2 outside references (other than the slides and textbook) using a proper referencing style (APA).
- Using references from SDL will be highly valued.