Jubail University College
Department of Business Administration
|Assignment No: 1||Section No: 201|
|Course Code: HRM 223||Course Name: Leadership in Organizations|
|Student Name||Student ID|
HRM 223 – Leadership in Organizations
Weight: 10 marks
An academic poster is a visual tool that is widely used for the purpose of summarizing and communicating research findings to an audience.
While the design of a poster is of great importance, the way it is presented to an audience is of no less importance; both complement each other and contribute to its overall effectiveness.
Your task is to create and present a poster about a topic of your choice as a group of 4 students.
You may start enrolling yourselves into groups on BB.
Instructions and details are next.
Step 1: Choose a topic.
- Any topic in the field of Leadership at organizational context may be.
Step 2: Have your topic approved.
- On the course’s Blackboard forum, group leader should write the chosen topic. I will respond to your post whether or not your topic is approved so you may proceed.
Step 3: Look for sources.
- Search for research papers, articles, books, etc. that discuss your topic. These must be from academic sources and journals, not newspapers, magazines or websites.
- Make sure that your articles meet the requirements.
Step 4: Work on your template. (review the uploaded sample for reference)
- You can create your own design, find one online, or use the one provided on the course’s Blackboard page.
- Make sure that you fulfill all the template requirements highlighted in the next sections.
Step 5: Upload your poster in PDF format on the course’s Blackboard page.
- Only one member of the group should upload the poster using the BB link created for that purpose.
- The deadline is Week 7. Presentations during class timing
* Plagiarism is treated with zero tolerance and will result in nullifying your grade as well as further disciplinary actions.
The poster must contain the following:
- Your first and last names
- Your student ID numbers
- The course code and title
- JUC logo
- The phrase: Supervised by Ms. Shahad Aldawood
There poster must have these sections:
- Introduction (50 – 100 words)
- In this section tell us about your topic: why it is important, why it is important to organizations, why we should know about it.
- Summary of Research (100 – 200 words)
- Summarize the experiments performed by the researchers who wrote the articles you are using as a reference and present the results they arrived at.
- Finding 1, Finding 2, Finding 3, etc. (20 – 50 words each)
- You should have multiple sections to present each finding.
- These sections must be no less than 2 and no more than 5.
- Summarize what the researchers found that in relation to your topic. In other words, the results of the experiments they performed.
- Use charts, figures, diagrams, illustrations, etc.
- Conclusion (50 – 100 words)
- Summarize the most important points of the research and the findings.
- Discuss what organizations can do to benefit from the findings of the research.
- You could also talk about the implications of your topic, and how it affects other things in the organization.
- Must be in written in APA style.
- You can use as many articles as you want, but you must have at least 3.