Imagine that your manager has asked you to take the lead on a new and creative project. She has encouraged you to create your own team (from existing employees) to work with you on the project. Write a one-page essay answering the following questions: What factors would you want to consider in deciding who should join your project team? What would you want to do as the team leader to increase the likelihood that the group will be successful? Meets all formal and assignment requirements and evidences the attention to detail; all margins, spacing, and indentations are correct; essay is neat and correctly assembled with a professional look. Provides thorough and sometimes insightful analysis of facts presented in the case, using multiple methods or tools to reach conclusions about potential courses of action.
When deciding who to add to a project team, there are several factors to consider:
- Technical skills and experience: The team members should have the necessary skills and experience to complete the tasks required for the project.
- Communication and collaboration: Team members should be able to effectively communicate and work together to achieve the project goals.
- Attitude and work ethic: Team members should have a positive attitude and be willing to put in the necessary effort to see the project through to completion.
As a team leader, there are several things you can do to increase the likelihood that the group will be successful:
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities for each team member.
- Communicate the project goals and objectives clearly and frequently.
- Encourage open communication and collaboration among team members.
- Provide regular feedback and recognition for a job well done.
- Address any issues or conflicts that arise in a timely and effective manner.
- Be a good role model and lead by example.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes in project scope or direction.
- Provide necessary resources and support to the team.