Identify someone from a vulnerable population that you can interview (example a family member, friend, someone from your church, etc.). Do not include identifying names or indicators in your paper use only initials.
Tips: Paper to be constructed in APA 7th ed. You may copy and paste the Interview Questions within the body of your paper.
Introduction: discuss the purpose of the paper and what you will discuss in the paper
Background: should include what is COVID 19, explain vulnerable populations and how COVID 19 impacts vulnerable populations. Provide a discussion about the vulnerable population selected and the individual selected to interview (be sure to use at least 2 reputable references to site statements in this section). In addition, you will need a minimum of 4 resent peer-reviewed articles. Title and reference page are not counted in your overall paper.
- A.B. immigrated to USA from Krean
- Renting a room from her sister
- Barriers: Language, social, culture
- Working in her sister’s family-owned restaurant
- Suffers from obesity, diabetes, CAD
- Access to health services is limited
- The sister’s family-owned restaurant closed due to the impact of COVID 19
- A.B. lost her job and has no income
- Unable to afford renting. Risk to become homeless
- Food insecurity because of poverty conditions
- Unable to get her medications
- Her medical condition is getting worse
- suffer from depression
Interview questions and responses: Interview questions must be answered in no less that 4-5 complete sentences
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted you in general?
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted you financially?
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted your health? Have you been able to take care of your health the same way as before COVID 19? Why or Why not?(Loss job, unemployment, unable to access insurance, unable to afford medications)
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted your diet? (Unable to afford food, food insecurity, consumed more fast food because it is cheaper)
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted your exercise routine?
- If taking medications, how have you been able to obtain your medications? Any difficulties? If so, describe those.
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted you mentally?( Depression, anxiety)
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted you emotionally? (Sadness)
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted you spiritually? (Doubt God)
- How has the COVID 19 situation impacted your relationships? (Impact relationship with her sister)
- Are there other issues that have impacted you during the COVID 19 situation such as: transportation, supplies, caring for others or a pet, hygiene, mobility, etc.? If so, how?
- How can a nurse best help you during this COVID 19 situation?
- What lessons have you learned from experiencing the COVID 19 situation?
- What is the first thing that you want to do after the COVID19 situation is gone?
Discuss what stuck out to about this interview?
Discuss how from a Christian perspective, how we as nurses can assist our vulnerable populations during a pandemic such as COVID 19?
Last, discuss how you will see the image of God in vulnerable populations as you provide care during these situations of stress, anxiety, and uncertainty?