Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Assignment – 3 should be submitted on or before the end of Week- 11 .
- Recognize the importance of quality management theory, principles, and practices applied in businesses on national and international levels. (1.1)
- Use quality improvement tools and practices for continuous improvement to achieve the organizational change and transformation. ( 2.2)
Six Sigma Implementations
Six Sigma is a common quality management practice used to support the businesses improvements on different levels organizational, processes. Numerous successful cases by well-known companies demonstrated this methodology`s efficiency such as in Motorola, Amazon, General Electric…..etc.
In practice, these companies use one of two paths to implement six sigma: DMAIC, which contains five phases ( Define , Measure , Analyze , Improve , Control ) , and DMADV which includes ( Define , Measure , Analyze , Design , Verify ). The first path is covered in details by our course materials.
In this assessment, picture yourself as a Quality Records Investigator. In order to improve a current process, product or service, you were requested by the quality manager to create a project plan using six-sigma methodology specifically (DMAIC).
To work on this assignment, choose a product or service, or process that you think it needs to be improved. Create a project plan that explains the following:
- Define Stage : Product or Service Information: ( 1 point ) ( 100 – 200 words)
- Choose either product, service, or process to improve.
- State the project scope, two objectives, and the duration.
- Identify the project`s team (key stakeholders).
- Measure stage: ( 1 point) ( 100 – 150 words )
- Use a process flowchart to identify the current process for your choice ( Inputs , action , outputs)
- Choose a measurement for your analysis (Nominal, Ordinal, Interval, Ratio).
- Analyze stage : (1 point) ( 100 – 150 words )
Based on your process flowchart and your desired outcomes, Define the Sources of Process Variation. (Causes of problem, or non-value processes)
- Improve stage 🙁 1 point ) ( 100 – 120 words)
- Suggest no less than two recommendations to improve the current process.
- Present at least two conditions that have to be existed to guarantee the project success.
- Control stage 🙁 1 point ) (100 – 150 words)
- Identify two tangible & intangible measurements that the firm can use to evaluate their performance after the improvement.
- In which way the company can help their employees to embrace the new changes (training, reward system …)