You are the HR Director for XY Company.
Times are slow for your company right now and with the rising costs of materials and wages, your profits are at an all-time low. Because of this unfortunate situation, and as we are adapting a competitive strategy, you will need to let some employees go. The senior management team has already compiled the list of people whose employment will be terminated two weeks from today. However, the people on the list will not know until the day of the termination.
You have called a meeting of your department managers and supervisors. The managers and supervisors do not know that a list has been created, so you will need to let them know this at some point in the conversation. Also, they will not be able to see the list until the day of the terminations. Obviously, this is a very confidential topic and should not be shared with anybody outside of this meeting.
The purpose of your meeting today is to confide in this group and assure them that none of them are on the list. You also want to get their feedback on how the general employee base will react to the news and event in two weeks. Next, you’d like to understand and anticipate any questions that they believe will arise so that appropriate answers can be prepared. Finally, you would like to devise an action plan/transition plan for the day after the event.
What you can tell the managers the number of people they will each be losing, if you find that information important to share. Here is the breakdown:
- Order Processing will lose 4 of its 12 people
- Human Resources will lose2 of its five people
- Production will lose 8 of its 40 people
After introductions, you should begin discussing this upcoming event with your managers. Spend as much time on each of the following questions as your group feels is necessary:
- Why is this happening? (Identify the main Problem).
- How will this impact the areas? (Identify criteria/factors).
- How will the department managers plan for this? (Alternatives).
- Anything you feel your managers and supervisors would want to know or you need to know. (Additional information).
- What would be the results on the departments? (Consider outcomes).
Each member of your team (individual) should deliver some piece of the conversation to the employees.
Name __________________________ Date _______________
CASE STUDIES WORKSHEET
Use this worksheet to evaluate the case study.
- Identify the problem.
- Alternatives: What are the different choices?
- Gather information: What information should you gather before making a decision?
- Consider the outcome: What would be the results of the decision? (analyze alternatives)
- Make the decision. What should you do?
- Evaluate your decision. Why do you think this is the best decision possible?
In case you have a similar question and need it answered for you just click Order Now. At Academizzed.com we have all the most qualified academic writers and tutors, for all your assignments, essays, cases studies, discussion posts, project proposal, research papers, discussion posts, nursing assignments, admission essays, blog articles, and other forms of academic work.