|Unit Title:||Data Structure and Algorithms|
|Type of Assessment:||Assessment 4- Content Analysis (Reflective Journal)|
|Unit Learning Outcomes addressed:||Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of data structures and algorithms. Demonstrate reasoning about efficiency of algorithms. Assess and apply suitable recursive data structures and algorithms to IT systems and applications.|
|Submission Date:||Week 14|
|Assessment Task:||Students are required to analyse the lecture materials of Weeks 1 to 11 and create concise content analysis. This will include summaries of the theoretical concepts contained in the course lecture slides, covering definitions, analysis and examples.|
|Total Mark:||40 Marks|
Students are required to analyse the weekly lecture material of weeks 1 to 11 and create concise content analysis summaries of the theoretical concepts contained in the course lecture slides.
Where the lab content or information contained in technical articles from the Internet or books helps to fully describe the lecture slide content, discussion of such theoretical articles or discussion of the lab material should be included in the content analysis.
The document structure is as follows (2500 Words):
- Title Page
- Introduction and Background (150 words)
- Content analysis (reflective journals) for each week from 1 to 11 (2300 words; around 210 words per week):
- Theoretical Discussion
- Topics Covered
- Definitions and/or basic plans for Data Structure/Algorithm learnt in the lecture.
- Mathematical Analysis
- Reflection on the Contents
- Demonstrate understanding of the data structure/algorithm learnt in the lecture by applying it on one of your own examples.
- What was the most important concept learnt? ii. How that concept (data structure/ algorithm) improves your knowledge in relation the concepts learnt in the earlier lectures.
- Theoretical Discussion
- Conclusion (50 words)
Your report must include:
- At least five references, out of which, three references must be from academic resources.
- Harvard Australian referencing for any sources you use.
- Refer to the Academic Learning Skills student guide on Referencing.
MARKING GUIDE (RUBRIC):
Students will be awarded marks based on following criteria
|Theoretical Discussion (Topics, definitions, analysis)||Content precisely presented based on references||3+6+3=12||32 marks|
|(Important concept learnt, enhancement in knowledge)|
|Presentation (Layout, no grammatical errors, reads well, etc.)||4 Marks|
|Cited references||4 Marks|
|Total marks for content analysis assignment||40 Marks|