Depending on the Book Club you are assigned to, please answer the following questions:
Crazy Like Us Discussion
- Compare and contrast the way Anorexia Nervosa is experienced in the United States vs. Hong Kong
- Physical illness is expressed in the same way in other cultures, but Watters reports that this isn’t true for psychological disorders. Why do you think this is the case? Please be specific, use at least 2 examples.
- Watters contends that the expression of mental distress in a particular culture is shaped by a language of suffering for that moment in time and in that culture. What are some examples of this in chapter 1?
- What role does culture play in shaping psychological disorders? Provide an example from your own culture about how psychological disorders are viewed.
- Respond to a classmate about their response to #4. Please be thoughtful in your response!
The Spirit Catches You & You Fall Down Discussion
- Compare and contrast Hmong birth practice and US birth practices. How did the techniques used in Lia’s birth differ from previous births?
- Describe your first impressions when learning about the traditional birth practices of the Hmong culture. Please be specific and use at least 2 examples from the book.
- The author chronicles the history of the Hmong people, noting that they fought against a number of different people who claimed sovereignty over their lands. How do you think these historical upheavals have affected their culture?
- Discuss some barriers to properly diagnosing Lia. Based on what we are learning in class, provide 2-3 suggestions about what Western doctors may want to do differently when treating individuals from other cultures.
In case you have a similar question and need it answered for you just say write my essay. At Academized we have all the most qualified academic writers and tutors, for all your assignments, essays, cases studies, discussion posts, project proposal, research papers, discussion posts, nursing assignments, admission essays, blog articles, and other forms of academic work.
If you don’t want a custom paper, just buy a pre-written essay from Buy College Essay