Week 7 Discussion 1: Reflection and Shared Practice
Crisis communication is a critical component of an organization’s communication strategy. The event requires leaders and managers to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders. Along similar lines of communication are bad news messages. In both scenarios, the news being communicated does not change. A potentially negative event is occurring or has occurred. However, the delivery of the message determines how the audience responds.
To prepare for this Discussion:
Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
- Bies, R. (2012). The 10 commandments for delivering bad news [Post]. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2012/05/30/10-commandments-for-delivering-bad-news/#6e3c8a052169
- Dortok, A. (2006). A managerial look at the interaction between internal communication and corporate reputation. Corporate Reputation Review, 8(4), 322–338, 265.
- Nätti, S., Rahkolin, S., & Saraniemi, S. (2014). Crisis communication in key account relationships. Corporate Communications, 19(3), 234–246.
- Thiessen, A., & Ingenhoff, D. (2011). Safeguarding reputation through strategic, integrated and situational crisis communication management. Corporate Communications, 16(1), 8–26. doi:10.1108/13563281111100944
Post a cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience.
Conduct an Internet search to find information on an unsuccessful example of crisis management: Ford, Firestone, Exxon, BP oil spill, Japan’s nuclear reactors, Toyota, Wells Fargo scandal, Apple’s iPhone, or another of your choosing. Select the crisis you will be discussing (no more than two students should be discussing the same crisis), and be sure to address ALL the following:
- Provide a brief synopsis of the event.
- Discuss whether and to what extent the communication was effective. Be sure to include what type of communication medium(s) were used. Was the news delivered in a timely manner?
- Referring back to Weeks 4 and 5 reading material, explain how the communication differed for internal and external audiences.
- Reflect on your personal experience during crisis communication, giving or receiving bad news.
In case you have a similar question and need it answered for you just say write my essay. At Academized we have all the most qualified academic writers and tutors, for all your assignments, essays, cases studies, discussion posts, project proposal, research papers, discussion posts, nursing assignments, admission essays, blog articles, and other forms of academic work.
If you don’t want a custom paper, just buy a pre-written essay from Buy College Essay